View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 07:14 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
well.....there was last night as an example.
a point in favor of the mcphee protect your nuts hoarding prospects strategy.
appears the kundratek minor leauge player swap was a good move to as the kid
seems to be an actual nhl player not just playing one on tv
Yep. Kundratek definitely looks like an NHL player and I would absolutely hold onto him to see where his ceiling really is.

I've always been an MP supporter and felt he got a bad rap. He is always hustling and giving great effort. Good at disrupting the other team on the forecheck. He really does "engage" and its good to see him rewarded for his effort.

I will still not understand Hunter's stance of Aucoin>>MP. Hopefully Oates gives him plenty of equity to stick in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I hope Nick and Ribs took note of that one time pass to Brouwer

Even MPs haters have to admit, we have no one else that can bring offense off the bench as well as he does. Any position, not just center. And its not even close. It's been that way for a long time now.

He does seem a little undisciplined but it sure seems the penalties he gets called for are generally weak ass calls.
In the late 80s I was also into the NBA. The Detroit Pistons had this one guy on their team they called the microwave. I think it was Vinny "the microwave" Johnson. He wouldn't play all that much but when they needed offense they chucked him in an he would go berzerk launching shots and being aggressive.

MP does seem to provide something akin to that.

I agree that the calls on him seem borderline. I don't mind most of his penalties. They are of the Semin variety where he gets overly aggressive trying to make something happen. I don't see them as lazy or stupid penalties.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote