View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Thank God for Gally and Chuckie. The thought of not having them playing for us is unnerving. Did you know Gally has the most 5-5 goals on the team with 4?
And Chuckie leads the team with a plus 7 with Gally second with plus 5.
Every other forward not named Bourque is swimming in mediocrity, or less. Our top line is still in lockout mode and its debatable if they ever recover. Personally, I think Patches will, but am dubious about other two. Oh, I know Pleks has 6 goals, but 3 are PP, and he still is on the ice more when the opposition scores than not (-3). Last year was much worse too.

Final thoughts: I would like to move DD and Gionta before the deadline and replace them with larger bodies. And of course, replace Armstrong with a proven nasty heavy weight.

Your comments and rebuttals are welcomed.
Well to be fair, MT hasn't used the Gally line in defensive zone faceoffs and they haven't played against the other teams top lines either. Big difference when comparing top lines and 3rd lines.

They've done very well so far, but I'd say it's in large part due to MT putting them in the right situation to succeed and under the right conditions. They're our future and MT is doing a godd job with their development. I can say this even though it pains me to compliment MT as I hate him, though the "new & improved" version of him is slowly thawing out the cold. Now if he would just swap DD with Eller on the used to be top line with Patches and Cole, I'd be really happy. That would be one big, fast, skilled and gritty line that ANY team to have trouble defending.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote