View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
nilan30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Thank God for Gally and Chuckie. The thought of not having them playing for us is unnerving. Did you know Gally has the most 5-5 goals on the team with 4?
And Chuckie leads the team with a plus 7 with Gally second with plus 5.
Every other forward not named Bourque is swimming in mediocrity, or less. Our top line is still in lockout mode and its debatable if they ever recover. Personally, I think Patches will, but am dubious about other two. Oh, I know Pleks has 6 goals, but 3 are PP, and he still is on the ice more when the opposition scores than not (-3). Last year was much worse too.

Final thoughts: I would like to move DD and Gionta before the deadline and replace them with larger bodies. And of course, replace Armstrong with a proven nasty heavy weight.

Your comments and rebuttals are welcomed.
I've got to say I've been very happy with Prust so far this year. He's been everything I'd hoped for when he was signed. I agree with moving Desharnais and Gionta. Especially Gionta. I still think this team needs more size on the back end more then anything. I don't know who I take out of the top six though. Bouillon to me has looked better than I ever remember him looking. Emelin is our best physical presence back there. Markov, PK and Gorges aren't going anywhere. I guess Diaz despite his good start could be the odd man out for someone bigger a la Douglas Murray or Mark Stuart. If this is the case though the Habs really need to work on a forward or two who can man the point on the PP.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote