Thread: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 08:38 AM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
He's had a bad few games. My god people are short sighted.
Kinda hurts me to see this. I mean, this isn't a bad few games. He has looked terrible from the 1st game, all the way to now (and is getting worse)

When I watch hockey, I don't stare at the stat sheet waiting to see the numbers increase. I watch the players, and the way they skate, the decisions they are making, whether or not they are hustling to loose pucks, or floating because they don't want to exert the extra energy, etc.

The first few games I gave Richards a pass because he didn't have much of a camp, hardly skated during the lockout, and was sick from the flu.

That's all over now.

Brad Richards is pocketing about $250,000 per game but is showing the effort, skill of a guy in a rec league.

Its purely unacceptable, and last night it got to a point where even Tortorella noticed.

I was never that into him as a player, I never enjoy watching guys who don't skate well, and don't have great hands. He has the smarts, and playmaking ability, but that is lacking bad right now.

His contract is terrible and we would be stuck with him for seven more years.

I think it should definitely be in the conversation to use the compliance buyout in the summer on him if his play doesn't take a complete 180.

Sign Ryan Getzlaf as a top 6 center, you get an increase in size, ability, and he's only 27 years old and would cost roughly the same as Richards does now.