View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Sadly, we actually outplayed them for a significant portion of some of those games, but showed a marked inability to have a lapse (remember the uncovered Zajac goal or the Kovy breakawaypenalty shot?) or not finish at all.

I'm not sure what you can possibly do to your system that would change your players inability to be in the right place.

One area that we have a problem in is that Brodeur's puck-handling ability really limits our ability to play the dump-and-chase game. That combined with the Devils stacking the blue line to prevent the carry-in has always challenged us.
Some of those games yes I agree but definitely not all of them or even half in my opinion. Last game the flyers had the better of the play after the first but came out losing 2-0. Sometimes that happens and if that trend continued and they lost the game I wouldn't of had much of a problem with it cause if you play well sooner or later you'll get the bounces but that was not the case at all. After the first they played like **** in a two goal game and 40 minutes to play. There's no excuse for that and yeah the coach can only do so much especially in that regard but its still their job to get the most out of the players.

So what I'm saying is the blame may not be entirely on the system (even though if you have trouble forechecking cause brodeur is so good at handling the puck and your forwards often get caught behind the play then why not drop the two man forecheck?) but it's still the responsibility of the coach to have his players execute his system or at least play with some "jam". So maybe adjust wasn't the best choice of words but I still expect more from lavy.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote