View Single Post
02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
In all seriousness I'm thinking about getting Voracek's Orange set off Meigray are the gamers worth it?
I personally love getting gamers. If you have the money to buy one then I would do it but if it'll cause a tight squeeze i'd wait until you can do it freely. Also, I want to wait and see what the set dates are for this year. A large portion of the other teams have been released but not the Flyers. They're wearing two sets of Home and Away during the season this year, at least that's what I was told when I preordered my Luke Schenn.

Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
If I had the money, Id buy gamers. But some of the prices on Meigray are insane. Voracek's were $595 last year. Now they are $895. Im not sure they will sell, which means you can catch a deal when Meigray holds their sales.
It remains to be seen if they'll sell but that is a pretty steep increase over last year. I think everyone besides Giroux went down in price (that's off the top of my head, no real research to back it up). The sales are definitely great and will cut a good portion off. The 2012 Summer sale did not have the 2011-12 gamers on sale but the 2012 Holiday Sale had a 25% off discount. They also sometimes run buy one get one free (equal or lesser value) of older jerseys during these sales.

At the same time the ability to watch your jersey on the ice is something that is pretty cool. Since Voracek is a pretty big name player i'm not sure if Barry will budge on the price but it doesn't hurt to make an offer. Meigray accepts offers on their jerseys and will either turn it down or offer a counter. I wouldn't try to lowball them or anything but it won't hurt to try.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay