View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:13 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well this game basically showed that both sides were somewhat wrong. Boyle had a very good game I thought, which goes against somewhat his detractors like me (though I never thought he was incapable of ever bringing offense, just that it happens rarely). However, this silliness with "we never would have fallen apart against Boston with Boyle" needs to stop. The team played far worse defensively for far longer than in the Boston game and guess what Boyle was in the game. Played a lot too.
I agree. And i can admit i was wrong if others can. I think what this game showed is that this team has bigger problems than can be fixed by one player.

On top of that, one of the huge issues i had is how much ice time boyle got last night. It seems that Torts doesn't know how to utilize him properly which is probably the reason for his undue hate.

Again, boyle isn't meant to bring offense and playing him with Gabby, even though he had a good game, was a mistake. Boyle shouldn't see anything more than the 4th line with Halpern and Powe. i still advocate sitting asham for him, because i think he brings a lot more to the team but the top 3 lines need to be left alone.

We couldn't produce offense for more than like 10 minutes last night, against a bottom feeder isles team. Boyle proved he can bring a lot, but he was so overused last night it was making me sick.

The only way i'd ever be OK with giving him that much time, is if we are in the lead and he is there to help protect it OR if torts decides to give Richards a one game benching to kick him in the ass. Without kicks in the ass benchings the lines, i think, should be something like this.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Gaborik-Richards-Pyatt
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Halpern-Boyle-Powe
Asham

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote