View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
I think the discussion is going in a wrong direction here. We didn't not qualify because we lack skill or player material. The skill level we iced was superior to the other teams. We were mentally weaker in crucial moment in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
While I think that the points raised regarding what is wrong with hockey in Germany are mostly valid, I agree that lack of skill was not the issue here.

Actually I think we have more talented young players right now than we have had for a while. The problem really is that these players and coaches could not get the job done. Whether it was the burden of being the favourites or just plain mental weakness, fact is that they did not deliver.
I fully agree with these two things. I find it kind of absurd that the DEB's officials are getting all the blame, and the players seem to receive as little over this atrocity as I've ever seen from the general public. They played and maybe were coached horribly. There's no reason within German hockey for the group of players we've been putting on the ice to lose 4-12 (or whatever it was) against Norway, sending us into this tournament, and there losing to Italy or Austria. From what I see, German hockey is actually in better shape than it was a decade ago, when we got our minimal results under Zach. The players just blew it.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote