View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:51 AM
2LeftSkates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
They lost $16 mil last season and again are the lowest revenue team in the NHL per Forbes. This is with the lowest payroll. Where does this money you expect Wang to spend come from? If NVMC was sold out for 41 games plus 4 rounds of playoffs at box office prices (not discounted get in for a can of peas prices) they’d still lose money with a decent payroll. This is due to limited luxury boxes, club seating and corporate partners/support. There’s no incentive for Wang to spend and no revenue anyway. Can't ice an NHL team on AHL type revenue.
If you own an NHL Team, you can be expected to ice an NHL quality team. I have no idea why you do not believe this to be the case, but he does not need "incentive". I do not care how much money he is losing on the Isles, sports team ownership is not always about making money. Charles has enjoyed rubbing elbows, although I wish he had aimed higher than DP and Yashin. Tavares is someone to get excited about, a centerpiece to build a team around. But the owner is bored, no big Tonka trucks are coming to make his dreams come true around the Coliseum.

2LeftSkates is offline   Reply With Quote