View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 10:05 AM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

vCash: 500
EXCELLENT thread.

I bet the team would be quite a bit further along if Snow had an owner willing to spend and capable of not making the franchise look silly than if Wang had an experienced GM.....which *did* happen before....for maybe 39 or 40 days.

I'm not saying Snow's GM of the year material, but I don't see the sense in placing blame on the GM when most of what one could do underneath a cheap owner has been done.

As for drafting and identifying non waiver talent, his drafting isn't half bad. Hamonic, Martin, Cizikas, Ullstrom and Bailey should all be solid players with fair careers, Poulin and Nilsson at least were within the top-15 goalie prospects, Strome looks like top-6 talent and quite a few defensive prospects look more like linebackers than hockey players.

Now, admittedly the defense coming last feels a bit "off," but had it not been done this way, it would have been a little more "Nashville-style" in what could be the worst division to have no offense capable of putting up over 55 points or so a season.....and also obviously without a goalie like Pekka Rinne to be a rock.

I'll admit that the rebuild has stalled, but I don't really see the stalling as much as a product of Snow as much as the minimal budget ensures the gaps are filled with career-AHL'ers, waiver pick-ups and other forms of cannon fodder.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote