View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Not me. I'm tired of playing for two years from now. Not saying Cup or bust or anything like that, but I also don't want the team to give away games all to let some kids get extra playing time.
I don't see them as mutually exclusive. I don't care who plays in this lineup this isn't a playoff team because of the defense. So if the kids get more minutes and an opportunity to learn as they go great. I just don't think relying on the vets is going to be enough. You don't want to hear the refrain 2 more years, well at least this team has a direction now. The last four years have been flat out rudderless.

Quite frankly no one has called them out but Eriksson-Roy-Ryder has been a major disappointment. I'm ready for Ryder to go. He's made some nice plays but he's not the future of this club and a good return would be very helpful. It also makes way for Reilly or Fraser. I'm also still waiting for someone to convince me that Roy is a good long term option that Dallas should bank say 5 for $25 million on. That seems extremely risky and if there's any chance they can get O'Reilly for Larsen +Smith/Faska/Ritchie or whichever non Oleksiak/Nemeth prospect they want then fine.

Despite the goals he scored in Calgary Morrow is still a black hole offensively and passing to him means more offensive chances die than become good scoring opportunities.

Smith-Eakin-whoever

Have all struggled, which is part of player development and part just not getting the breaks yet. They're a decent line that's probably going to become a good line but not in the next 34 games.

Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt

Can't be your most consistent line, night in and night out, especially when you consider how bad the defense has played. Basically I just can't see the playoffs but do see another 9th-11th finish, missing out yet again on a top five pick and the playoffs. Anyone truly see it with this schedule remaining and how they've played so far?

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote