View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Maybe Burmistrov doesn't get his offense going, there is no way to know the future for sure one way or the other. But Burmistrov's and ROR's progression have been very similar, and I don't see how ROR is that much ahead of Burmistrov.
If Burmistrov got 23 even strength points, and 9 PP points in this shortened season he would match ROR's third year pace from last year. What are the odds that he gets 9 PP points in 35 more games if the team gives him almost 2 full minutes more per game on the PP?
He might not get the 23 points though, but how many games has he played on the top lines with offensive line-mates?

In ROR's big season last year he spent most of his time with Landeskog and Hejduk, followed by Landeskog and Downie.
It would be trading very similar players IMO, and adding a premium for possibly one year of development. For myself, I wouldn't want to add much of a premium, as in my opinion, we haven't given Burmistrov the same opportunity that ROR had. We don't know for sure that he couldn't produce those numbers until we do.
Again, not saying it's bad, just that I don't think it's fair to compare these two straight up unless we acknowledge the ice time and opportunities that they each have had.
Apologies for the length of the post.
I entirely agree. The key player you referenced here is Landeskog. Great players make those around them better and GL is such a player.
He, or his ilk, is what the Jets are really missing and why ROR really shined last year.
I believe ROR's value is at a premium right now because of how (and with whom) he played last year, while Burmi's potential is largely recognized only by those who watch him closely. Jets would have to add, big time, and it's not clear that ROR is the one they really need in any case.