View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
LAIslanderFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
He's not defensively responsible, that's true. He does what he does on offense, and it truly is a skill to be able to bang in all those garbage goals. Do you really swap out a guy who doesn't take penalties and scores 30+ goals each season? Those guys are hard to come by and I'd hate for us to get rid of him or rotate someone else into that role and lose the scoring he provides.

I also think that's why people have been asking for more of a grinder to go on that top line, so tavares and [x] can do the grinding while moulson does his thing.

He's also not gifted enough offensively to be out there during 4 on 4 play, he's slow and doesn't have great hands (I don't think I've ever seen him make a deke ever).
The one thing you're overlooking is Moulson's weakness also hurts the Isles in the offensive zone. Because he lacks the drive or passion to battle and forecheck, the Islanders lose offensive zone time and have to rely on JT to makeup for Moulson's soft play. That should not fall on JT, JT is the superstar and he needs the support, not Moulson.

I also think that's why people have been asking for more of a grinder to go on that top line, so tavares and [x] can do the grinding while moulson does his thing.

This is way off. There should be a grinder and (x) so Tavares can do his thing. Tavares will be a much more prolific scorer with support. The idea isn't to build around Moulson, it's to build around Tavares and make him the focus.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote