Thread: Post-Game Talk: NYI @ NYR post game report
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 11:32 AM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Gotta love the resiliency and effort on this team.

JT was the best player on the ice for both teams and not close. Though McDonough, Girardi, Staal are damn good and played him really tough. Moulson skated 2-3 shifts hard, more than in the past two years. Boyes is a pretty good offensive player, I think he is better than Parenteau, offensively, but worse defensively and not a good match with JT and MM without the puck. But he and MM were good tonight.

Can't believe the NYR stole Nash.

Grabner needs Nielsen - both are better together.

I'd keep Bailey Okposo together as well.

Cizikas is gonna be a real good player, real fast. I don't like the Ullstrom scratch for Boulton but if Cappy can spread the energy guys around the lineup it would greatly help the balance of the lines.
Like Cizikas, Ullstrom, Martin.

I think Aucoin might be done, he's been invisible the last half dozen games. McDonald playing better than his talent level suggests. Interested to see JJ at some point.

Finley was excellent, would like to see him in the lineup.

Visnovsky is really good too. Having Strait, Visnovsky and Finley help an overworked AMac and Hamonic will greatly help this team.

Liked KO's game tonight ! And Streit.

Love beating the Rangers!
Great comments ! I bolded some of the ones I agree 100% with. Tavares played ANOTHER amazing game. Even if he doesn't score, he's always the hardest working guy on the ice. I will say, Hagelin for the Rangers was the 2nd best player on the ice last night, he is a really good find for the Rangers.

I thought Finley played a really solid game, and threw some excellent hits too. I have to say, Visnovsky has looked excellent, especially offensively, he really makes a difference. He looks like the Vis that scored 68 points a couple of seasons ago, and shows no signs of someone who hasn't played for a while. Defensively, a little shaky, but he does make some good defensive moves, very smart plays that a veteran defenseman learns throughout a long career.

I have to say, Nabby looked good last night, like he did last year at this time. Biron actually looked quite good too, Tavares' goal was the only one I think Lundquist might have saved.

Watching the Isles go into MSG and beat the Rangers NEVER gets old, it's one of my favorite things in sports. Doesn't happen often, but I always enjoy it immensely. I always like reading the newspapers the next day, there's a guy named Filip Bondy in the NY Daily News, what a baby, I practically saw tears on his article, he takes every opportunity to take pot shots on the Isles, instead of actually reporting what happened. No class at all on his part. Instead of saying how great Tavares is playing, and how he dominated the game, he talks about the Tim Thomas trade, and our cap floor, etc. What a crybaby.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote