Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II
View Single Post
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Originally Posted by
Just curious about a general concensus among the fanbase... Suppose something goes horrbly wrong and
is not wearing Blue and Gold when this all shakes out - Who, if any of these guys do you think would be the 'next best fit' for what we're missing (ie; a 2-way def. centre & facoff guy who is not a total plug)? I tried to keep the list to guys that seem to be attainable without horribly overpaying....
C Lars Eller
- MTL - 23 y.o - 6'2" 209lbs. - 46.7% FO (46.6% in 2012)
C Marcel Goc
- FLA - 29 y.o. - 6'1" 205lbs. - 47.7% FO (51.6% n 2012)
C Brian Boyle
- NYR - 28 y.o. - 6'7" 244lbs. - 53.4% FO (51.8% in 2012)
C Derick Brassard
- CBJ -25 y.o. - 6'1" 202lbs. - 44.6% FO (45.1% in 2012)
Or a little less likely, but still a possibility...
C Kyle Brodziak
- MIN - 28 y.o. - 6'2" 210lbs. - 52.6% FO (49.5% in 2012)
C Valtteri Filppula
- DET - 28 y.o. - 6'0" 195ibs. - 54.9% FO (51.7% in 2012)
Or do we dole out more $$$ and potentially overpay with assets to try and pry a guy like
(43.7% FO in 2013, 52.1 in 2012) out of the desert or
(50% FO - $4.5M cap hit) out of NSH - and no Fisher no longer has a NTC... it was limited through this season, but he declined to provide list.
We need help real bad, who would you like to see in Buffalo if not O'Reilly?
I'd love to get Boyle. But he would be a 4th line, Paul Gustad type... not the real solution we need which is a top 6 shutdown guy.
No one else on that list is available
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jame