View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Hey Hey wait a minute......................No reason to bad mouth the Yugo!

This is the way I look at it. The team is now at the crossroads. I always understood the premise that given the situation in Nassau it became impossible from a financial standpoint to put money into the team.

Whether that premise is factual is an argument for another thread (or many many past threads)

With Brooklyn on the horizon IMHO Wang is on the hot seat. He either comes through with the payroll because he wants to own a real team and he can now stop losing money or he is exposed as the worst owner in sports.....or he sells.

Until Brooklyn I reserve judgment.
So basically what you are saying is no sleep till Brooklyn?

My only complaint with Snow is his inability to move assets at the trading deadline. The one big obvious one is PAP last year, but there have been others in smaller degrees. His drafting has not been bad though I do not get two goalies in one draft or ALL defensemen last year. As for pulling apart picks from year to year like other have said hindsight is always easier.
I wish Cappy would show more fire, especially after some of the brutal losses or horrible officials calls. I also don't think he rewards ice time with good play very well.
I don't know where to go with Wang. He supposedly has lost much money on the team. And I know you have to spend money to make money. Without sitting in the GM's office we will never know how much of a control freak he is. But put all three guy's together the only thing that really matters is the Islanders continue to be one of the worst performing teams in the NHL. So they all deserve blame. I really thing it is make or break time next season (I know I hate writing and saying next year all the time!!) but with Nino, Strome, Donovan, maybe Nelson and Sundstrom we will see...

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote