View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
1st part: Sorry, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

2nd part: "Advanced stats" in hockey are arbitrary imo. Hockey is a free flowing sport with too many players and variables involved in every play to accurately use "Sabre-stats". So, yes, I trust my judgement and knowledge of the sport over any spreadsheet. Especially one that apparently tells me that PK Subban is better than OEL. That right there completely invalidates those stats to me.

You want stats that I care about?
OEL at 20 years old(PK was in AHL at this age): ATOI 22:07, Coyotes Pacific division champions.
This year at 21 years old: ATOI 24:47, 2nd on his team in points.

Anyways, I'm done here. I don't care enough to continue fighting this fight. I only hope PK continues getting better, as he should, and helps this team reach the next level.
One point here... 24 minutes a game on the Coyotes is not the same as 24 mins on say Boston. Different opportunities will be presented to different players depending on who else is on the bench.

It's great that you're high on OEL but based on what I've read here I don't think you're giving PK fair enough credit for the player he is. I see him as a much better player than you do. And while Advanced Stats don't tell the whole story, I'm glad to see that they support me in this case.