Old
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It doesn't matter if he isn't intimately familiar with the CBA. He isn't paid to know it and use it daily. Unlike a certain other GM who clearly isn't that strong on the CBA.
Wait, what? The poster said he is charged at his job in enforcing a company rule book. I said that I would bet that he has made mistakes, misread, or misinterpreted the rule book at some point (like everyone else on the planet who has made a mistake in their job).

You have to understand what I am saying. People point to his CBA foibles and act like it is a travesty and he should be fired immediately and that any other person would be in another job. I have said before that sports is not comparable to other jobs, but assuming that it is, I don't think that people automatically lose their jobs for what could be called a comparable mistake. I have seen it, I have done it, and I am sure others have seen and done it. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. If your history is that you have not otherwise been successful at your job, you will probably lose your job. If your history is that you have been successful, mistakes are forgiven. Homer has made mistakes regarding the CBA. The mistakes have been minimal in both number and impact. His track record is positive overall.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote