Old
02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wait, what? The poster said he is charged at his job in enforcing a company rule book. I said that I would bet that he has made mistakes, misread, or misinterpreted the rule book at some point (like everyone else on the planet who has made a mistake in their job).

You have to understand what I am saying. People point to his CBA foibles and act like it is a travesty and he should be fired immediately and that any other person would be in another job. I have said before that sports is not comparable to other jobs, but assuming that it is, I don't think that people automatically lose their jobs for what could be called a comparable mistake. I have seen it, I have done it, and I am sure others have seen and done it. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. If your history is that you have not otherwise been successful at your job, you will probably lose your job. If your history is that you have been successful, mistakes are forgiven. Homer has made mistakes regarding the CBA. The mistakes have been minimal in both number and impact. His track record is positive overall.
Whoops, missed the earlier post.

As for Homer's mistakes...can you name another GM who has clearly made more? I don't think any other GM has had more mistakes on his watch, unless it's in a small market and gets no attention. He struggles with the CBA, as well as managing the cap...which is part of the CBA. The cap issues aren't minor in the slightest and have a huge impact.