View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Yea I dont know what games lavy has been watching. Half the time he makes these "I think we played a good game" comments, they infact looked like a bunch of juniors on the ice. Beat to loose pucks, beat on the boards, skated around etc.

And then in the last couple games without Brayden Schenn and Voracek connecting as they have the team barely musters a goal, yet those are the two guys singled out in that article after the Jets game for needing to bring more...? Seriously?

How about Briere removes his head from his ass, how about Giroux starts playing like we know he can, how about Grossmann show the hell up for once, Simmonds, what have you done for me lately? 5 games ago I could see him calling those two out, but not now. Voracek leads the damn team in points for christs sake.

I'm starting to see some double standards in terms of accountability and the acceptance of mediocrity. That to me is a sign change may soon be needed.

Lavi sometimes tends to have double standards when calling players out but he is nowhere near as bad as Hitchcock was. He played tons of head games....some players could handle it and others could not. Gagne and Modano said they were able to overcome it and become the players they were b/c of Hitch but players like Williams and even Richards were not crazy about his ways. If Hitch hadn't been fired Richards would have been gone long ago most likely.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote