View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Reyes on Loria from ESPN.....yikes;

Quote:
"I was shocked, because Jeffrey Loria, he always told me he's never going to trade me," Reyes said on his first day as a Blue Jay. "He always called my agent and said, 'Tell Jose to get a good place here to live,' and stuff like that."

In fact, Reyes said he and Loria attended a dinner together only a couple of days before the trade, and "he was talking still about 'get a nice house in Miami.'"

"That was kind of crazy," the 29-year-old Reyes said. "I mean, how can you want me to spend some money in Miami, when I have my house in New York, and you're going to trade me in two days?"
Quote:
"But I feel sorry for the fan base there in Miami because they had a great fan base there. To let them down like that, I mean, that's going to be tough for them."

Reyes said he also feels sorry for Giancarlo Stanton and the other Marlins players who remain on a team that has cut more than $70 million in payroll since last year.

"Stanton, he's an unbelievable great player. Great guy. Great teammate," Reyes said. "But like I say, it is what it is. I feel sorry for him. But that's the way it is."