View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
And Wheeler has a nice shot and great hands... I haven't read anything like that about Tangradi.

So speed, hands and shot are different. I wouldn't really compare them.
I've read differently. I've heard Tangradi has quite solid hands and a decent shot. He was always credited with solid distribution skills. Especially in junior.

Even looking at a scoresheet he's been able to put up points at the lower levels. I haven't heard many concerns on his hands from Pens fans. Mostly just decision making.

The negatives I've read are slow feet (although this has apparently improved somewhat) and a slow mind. Mainly towards his net crashing tendencies. Which again I would say he's been forced into a role that isn't geared toward his actual play (instead geared towards his body) and the hockey IQ concerns could be alleviated by letting him play his game rather than a powerforward game.

Edit: An example of concerns I've read by Corey Pronman:
Quote:
Tangradi is a skilled big man, who has shown some solid physical game value in terms of puck protection and some grit. The two main areas of his game that are issues have been his skating which has been an issue for many years and his ability to adjust to the pro level pace and make good decisions particularly in the NHL. Tangradi would regularly look quality in the AHL, standing out for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in a top role. However when he was brought up to the top level he was caught in a tweener role where he did not have the necessary qualities required of a defensive forward and he did not have enough talent to play on a scoring line considering the holes in his game.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote