View Single Post
02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Blows him out of the water? If you just look at percentages and raw finishes, it may seem that way, but there is way more that needs to be taken into account here. Most importantly is the fact that Danny Gare played basically his entire relevant career on a checking line. Rousseau, from what I see, was known as the defensive conscious of a scoring line, but I don't believe his lines were used as the go-to checking line, please correct me if I'm wrong because I won't pretend to be an expert on Rousseau. The main responsibility of Gare's line was to shut down the opposition, and they were so good at it that they were then able to put up that many points while doing that extremely well.
Guys don't post multiple 50 goal seasons from a "checking line".

They were a 2nd line and a two way line if anything.

And Gare was primarily on the offensive part of the two way in my estimation.

So is being the offensive guy on a second line that was also good defensively really that much different a situation individually than being the defensive conscience of a line that was mostly used for offense?

All that said, would I want Rousseau on a front line in this? Not unless the circumstances were very unique indeed.