View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
JFB and Woodhouse, what do you guys make of these new rankings? Why the falls for Barkov, Monahan and Lindholm? Were the rises for Nurse and Zadorov warranted? Do you picture a situation where those two defensemen go that high?

Also, I just realized Jones is 11 months older than MacKinnon. MacKinnon is 15 days away from being a 2014-eligible player. Young kid.
Meh, I chuckled when I read Nichushkin at #2. To me, that ranking would be based more on "tools" rather than play, as his speed, size and hands combo is tantalizing, but he's very individualistic in his efforts and I'd question his IQ. I haven't seen any of him in the last few weeks though. It also could be Canadians giving the kid a bump since he beat Murphy-Rielly-Subban to win WJC bronze. :tongue-in-cheek:

The only knock on Barkov is his average skating, but he's younger than MacKinnon and already a second-year pro in Finland where his production speaks for itself. Monahan is stuck on a rebuild in Ottawa, so his numbers and play can be a bit deceiving, while Lindholm is a two-way playmaker that skates hard, who probably could produce more points if we're nitpicking his season too. I see no reason to downgrade any of the three in favor of Nichushkin, Zadorov or Nurse, and I say that especially liking what Zadorov brings to the table -- size, physicality, shutdown defense.

I also think that Pulock, Shinkaruk and Erne will all provide good value if they're outside the top-ten.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 02-15-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typo