View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWAD View Post
I've been to Montreal and Tampa as a Hurricanes fan. Montreal was awesome. Caught a little bit of flak over my Canes jersey but it was all good natured. The Habs fans were more likely to want to discuss Hurricanes players they had followed in juniors than to talk trash. Tampa was pretty nice as well. The Forum is really nice, and actually laid out quite similar to the PNC Arena. A group of three or four 12 year old kids started pointing at me and booing loudly which was pretty funny. That was the only flak I got from any of the fans.

As a Whalers fan I've been to Madison Square Garden, the old Boston Garden, the Meadowlands arena, the old Spectrum, Nassau Coliseum, and of course the Hartford Coliseum. I was never impressed with any of those old buildings. I used to go to school at Hofstra which is right across the street from Nassau Coliseum. It was a dump nearly twenty years ago. I can't even imagine how much of a dump it must be now. The old Boston Garden was even worse.
Did you ever go to games at the New Haven Colliseum? That was the mother of all dumps.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote