Thread: Speculation: Ray Shero at Min vs. Col
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
ThatGuy22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I appreciate your response. Finally, I do get an answer. I will agree to disagree with Seto being a good value pickup based on the opinions of what it would take to get him (he isn't worth a first, a Despres or Kunitz, or a top D prospect as it stands now). I would prefer, Clutterbuck. If not, PMB. You get him for cheap based on his injury history (say a second rounder at best) and the fact he is a UFA at the end of the season. If he works out, you can resign him in the offseason. If he is a bust, you don't resign him and aren't stuck with a salary.
People have differing opinions, nothing to get worked up about. Your not a Seto fan, fine. But I figure if Seto can score 19 goals in 69 games, on the lowest scoring team in the league last year. He would probably put up 25-30 in a full season with either Crosby or Malkin. He is an average top 6 forward, who will get you around 20 goals, and 40 points on an average team. With Crosby or Malkin it could easily bump up to the 50 range, maybe higher. Neal if you remember was a .65 ish PPG player prior to getting to lineup with Malkin.

If in theory a trade goes down, there will be a D prospect coming our way. Its really the only way it makes since for the Wild to do it. Whether it Despres, Morrow, Harrington, Maata, Dumoulin or Pouliot I don't really care(i'm kind of partial to Maata myself, love them Fins). If it goes down, there are bound to be some disappointed Pens fans. Ask 10 different fans, you'll probably get 10 different rankings on which prospect is better than which.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote