02-15-2013, 01:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The idea was based on Savard-for-Eller and Brass for Cole and the pick - the latter trade had been previously discussed in other threads. And yeah, where Savard would go was why I didn't try to create an actual thread for the deal. I'd been under the impression that Eller was being shopped. Sounds as though he isn't, though.

I figured it would potentially turn out to be very ugly for Montreal. It's looking like I guessed right.

(I knew I should have put down the 2nd as "MTL's choice"...)
I don't think Eller is actively being shopped, but I'm sure Bergevin is listening to offers and won't slam the phone down if the right deal comes along.

This isn't a deal I would make as it doesn't help the Habs, but in terms of value, I think Eller for Savard straight up is feasible. Two guys at about the same place in terms of development, expectations, ceilings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
If you compare what other young struggling players with potential have been getting; there's no way Eller is worth a 1st right now.

Does he play the wing effectively?
The Sharks certainly have some pieces the Habs would be interested in; I think they make good trading partners, both have some players that could use a change of scenery

Clowe
Gailardi
Braun/Demers
for
Eller
Cole
No, and that's part of the problem. Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller all have to play centre to be effective, with none good enough to be 1st line and none bad enough or suitable to be bottom-six. Plus there's Galchenyuk, who we're developping as a centre.

I think another Sharks fan in the Clowe thread came up with a Clowe/Demers for Eller/2nd proposal (or something like that) and I said I thought it would be very tempting for the Habs.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote