View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
I remember a time when our fanbase thought Koivu was too small to be a center. But now Desharnais isnt too small? Am i missing something?

This isnt a shot at you, i just chose to quote your post but im speaking to the general fanbase.
There's the better part of half a foot of difference between the two though. I know they say DD is 5'6, but I think they took those measurements with his skates on.

I'm not obsessed with size, but when discussing Desharnais it's a definite issue, especially since he plays center. It's a reality that's impossible to ignore. If he was 5'5 and didn't get knocked off the puck constantly, or was really good on faceoffs, perhaps, but those are actually his weakness, and that's not what you look for in a C.

That being said, size is only 1 factor. His lack of production is the main issue. I think we need to give him more time, but it's impossible to ignore that he's struggling, his size is an obvious issue night in and night out (again, mostly because he's a C) and he's been one of our worst forwards, despite pretty decent ice time.

I really hope he turns it around. We would be better with Desharnais producing than without. His return right now would be minimal, so trading him isn't the best option whatsoever either.

We just need to be patient, it's really our only choice.

ORRRRRRRR try him on the damn wing already.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote