IF you had to trade one, who would it be?
View Single Post
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Join Date: Nov 2012
Would trade DD for a number of reasons:
- His lack of both size and speed means that he NEEDS two power wingers to be effective.
- Not that he's the only one, but he doesn't excel at faceoffs, which would allow him to stand out from the rest of the Habs' centers.
- He is not great defensively, which can be attributed to the two factors above.
- He is not versatile: he is either a Top 6 center producing offensively or completely useless.
- He is blocking a young center with size and skill, a former 13th(?) overall pick, from playing in an offensive role in which he could provide solid defensive play with offensive production. Eller is in a similar situation as Cody Hodgson and I would hate to see mismanagement resulting in losing him for nothing because management was too busy rooting for DD.
- I think he's a bigger distraction than Subban: lots seems to be done in an effort to get him going. Looking down the road though, Galchenyuk will hopefully be the #1 center, and Pleks the #2. DD simply doesn't fit in. The only way he fits is if Pleks were traded, but if Geoff Molson's goal is to get into the playoffs, Pleks isn't going anywhere. Eller is thus a very good player to keep developing: he could potentially take the #2 center role as Pleks gets older.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by jedimyrmidon