View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Eh, I can't entirely fault him on the Boyes goal. He's picking up two players because we were short a man in the defensive zone while Pyatt was getting a new stick. I thought he was really good on the forecheck and was really using his body effectively. That's the kind of game I want to see from him on a regular basis.

We're on the same page. I'd be just fine with Boyle as a 4th line option if we had someone better. Unfortunately there just isn't that two-way 3rd line option on our roster. We'll have to look elsewhere for that. Lars Eller maybe? Can't seem to find a spot on the Habs roster but he has some upside offensively and can play in both ends. Not a great faceoff guy, and his boardwork is mediocre, but giving him the right wingers might take some of the expectations off of him there.

Of course ROR would be ideal, but that's not happening with all the cap concerns about next season and his seemingly unreasonable demands.
I'd give Eller a chance. I always felt he had some untapped offensive potential. Yes, I'd love ROR, too. Him and Callahan on one team...wow.

I hate to say it, because I'm not a huge fan, but maybe Antropov would be a decent idea.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote