View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
ROR has more than a semblance of a two-way game, but unfortunately he thinks he is worth $5M per x 5 years. Remember now, the guy hasn't even cracked 20 goals and he put up 55 points last year on a team that lacked any offensive dynamos outside of Landy and Downie. ROR declining $3.5 per from the Avs leads me to personally believe that he has no confidence in reaching those numbers again any time soon and is looking to cash in on his breakout season that luckily happened for him during the 3rd year of his ELC. This situation can easily backfire like the Dubinsky one.
ROR is a tough situation. For one, it's hard to be certain that the demands being publicized are in fact the reality of the situation. There's been some discussion that he really felt snubbed by the franchise when they handed Landeskog the "C" instead of him, and perhaps he just wants to get out and move on.

Now, I don't think Radar is ever going to be a franchise center, but I think he has Bergeron-like upside. If he can get to that 70 point mark and bring elite defensive coverage, then that's an extremely solid option up front on the first line. $5M per for 5yrs would be a great contract for a guy like that. I think some team will give it to him.