Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets Acquire Tangradi From Penguins
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Yeah, he'd never be as fast as Wheeler. In fact some players have stated Blake is the fastest player on the team. It's why I think him shedding a few pounds down to around 200lbs (where Wheeler is at) would be more beneficial to him. Wheeler however is a first line player and I see Tangradi as being a 3rd liner, with still some possible 2nd line upside. I don't think the lack of speed will be all that detrimental to him in that role.

It really seems like the Penguins were trying to force a square piece into a round hole. Trying to get Tangradi to put on weight and play a powerforward game, when that's not really the game Tangradi's brain is built for.

I hope we don't make the same mistake and instead allow Tangradi to play his own game and play to the best of his abilities.
Agree with the above, especially the bolded. The Jets need to give him TOI, at least 10 minutes or so a game, and let him regain confidence in his native ability. The 3rd line is a perfect place for him and Pitts is the perfect way to start.
I'm going to the game tonight and am pumped to see him play against his old team. I am not predicting big points but betcha he'll be noticed a hell of a lot more than Poni was these past few games.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote