View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
if ror wants out of Colorado because he won't be captain, why would anyone think he would be ok not being captain here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I heard that too...What kind of baby gets mad at not being appointed Captain....
he's only 22 and Has been in the league three years...If he was 26+ and an all star he would have a bit more of a leg to stand on
The whole not being named Captain is a bit of a stretch and the media is kind of twisting it to make it seem like he's being a baby.. But if you read the original article in the Denver post it's pretty minor, to me at least, and doesn't deserve the headlines its gotten:

Quote:
There were other factors in the marriage going bad. Many who know O'Reilly believe he was hurt when the Avs didn't offer him the captaincy last summer, that he thought he was going to get it. Did the Avs withhold the "C" when the contract talks didn't go the way they wanted with O'Reilly? Some believe this issue contributed to things deteriorating.

Should O'Reilly have swallowed his pride and not taken that personally? Perhaps, but the same thing can be said about the Avs. No way do I think O'Reilly's camp would have played such hardball if he'd been named captain.
O'Reilly felt they were going to name him captain and when the contract situation went to crap they didn't... Also it says its the authors opinion, no facts or quotes or any evidence, that he would have settled for less if he was named captain. It could be spun either way really.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...oreilly-is-one