View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
This is actually true...it's been a while since I have thought of it. Koivu, Parise, Heatley, and Setoguchi (take a step back) in all honesty should be scoring a decent amount of goals. We have two guys who have shown to be able to step up and score in Clutter and Brodziak. All, except Parise, have been less than pleasing. I want to see driving to the net, and good passing. Heatley has over HALF the shots Parise has. SET HIM UP ON THE PP. We don't have anyone besides Brodin that will shoot on the PP from up top...get Heater in position to blast at the net if not for any other reason than to pepper the goalie with hard shots to give up rebounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
I'm talking specifically on the PP, but 5v5 you are correct.

We have him parked in front of the net on the PP - I think he could be utilized differently.
I would rather see Seto on the PP as the one to blast away from a distance, he has been working hard to make himself open for passes. I just don't think Heatley has that ability any longer and the only realistic thing he can do is set the parking brake and wait for a puck to end up in front of him. I am not one who thinks it is lack of effort or conditioning it just appears that his degradation as a player has been a swift one.

The other problem with Heatley away from the net on the PP is he is horrible handling the puck and if he ends up having to cover for a dman who has pinched in then it screams trouble going the other way.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote