View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
That would be pretty cool to come back with Seth Jones and Karlsson on D next year. We only have to miss the playoffs to get a chance at first overall.

The players won't give up, but I think it's more than likely that we miss the playoffs and a good pick is the upside of the bad hand that we've been dealt.

The latest rankings have come out and Sean Monahan has dropped again as well. We know Murray likes his 67's.
While I understand we take the BPA & drafting another great player regardless of position adds to our depth of assets, I get the feeling that Seth Jones RD will want to be the #1 defenceman for whatever team drafts him.

In Ottawa he would be behind Karlsson RD & it could turn into another Chara/Redden or Webber/Suter thing. We need a 2nd pairing RD & we have one in Ceci RD & a 3rd pairing in Gryba RD or Sdao RD. We also have some decent left shots in Cowen, Wiercioch, Methot, Lundin, Phillips, Boroweicki, Claesson etc... I wouldn't mind another very good left shot though like Darrel Nurse.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote