View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Kreider's game has all the signs of a kid that has gotten by being bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone else during most of his hockey career. Relying on physical tools didnt really work in the AHL, and it sure as hell isnt going to work in the NHL.

He needs to get that tentative aspect out of his game. This season, the only time he has shown his speed and a willingness to engage is on the rush over the opposition's blue line. Thats nice and all, but its only a small part of an overall game.

As Torts has said, he needs to watch Hagelin. That little guy is fearless and uses his speed to get into every area of the ice - especially the dirty areas. Considering how much bigger and stronger Kreider is, it baffles me as to why hes so tentative out there.
I was wondering the same thing watching him in HFD earlier this year, and you hit the nail on the head as to why he's headed down to HFD. I don't think its a set back, Torts' bechings seem to make players understand their role better, and I think the same will hold true for Kreider.