View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 04:26 PM
XX
Lots of Try

vCash: 500
Sell the team for $90m to a deep pocketed owner, with a ~10m a year AMF and this team will be fine. But that requires compromise on the part of the league and the city. If I am the council, I do nothing but rail Bettman and anyone put forth on the asking price. Publicly flog them. Daily press releases about how the league is trying to sell the team for twice what it is worth, passing the burden to the city.

Don't let them hide out of the spotlight like this. It's absurd. Look at the deal the Blues sold for.

Quote:
Along with the Blues and arena lease, Stillman’s group will get an American Hockey League team and a share of the Peabody Opera House for the $120 million. The Blues had the second- best record in the NHL this season but were upset in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs by the Los Angeles Kings.
A much better team (and a less distressed asset) sold for $120 million + an AHL franchise (which can be resold) + a large share of the opera house. A venue which had just completed $79 million in renovations.

Yet the Coyotes are 'worth' 170 million. Are you ****ing kidding me Gary?