View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
gmjevtwa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
But something la Columbus where after expansion (or even relocation) team resides in the bottoms of the league for a quite good number of years and is unable to make playoffs, all while loosing Overall 1st round picks by various NHL conspiracies (Pittsburgh, Edmonton) is not the best way to build up a fanbase's hype.
Would Columbus have been in the playoffs and won a Stanley Cup or 2 or 5 in their 13 year history if they would've won all overall 1st round picks? It assumes that every player in the 1st round will be a superstar and, I believe, not every player is a quality 1st rounder. Also, not every team will win a championship. (It would be nice for every team to win one championship.)

I'm familiar with Columbus' lack of success in the regular season. I'm more familiar with the Islanders' history from my own personal experiences of attending games and the strong fan base that was developed in the late 1970s-early 1980s. It is a shame that the Islanders went into a downfall after their championships, which, among many other reasons, I blame on incredibly poor management decisions and also resulted in frustration for dedicated fans and general indifference from non-fans.

Will a potential Seattle NHL team be a incredibly quick success, like Colorado? Will it be a gradual success without making it to the final round, like San Jose? Will the team be in a long-term struggle for significance, like Columbus?
Some say "Conspiracy theory!"
Others say "Sheer dumb luck!"
Who knows.

Last edited by gmjevtwa: 02-15-2013 at 05:03 PM.