View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post
Yeah, I heard something like that.
The discussion brought out that tickets cannot legally be sold within 1,500 feet of the stadium. Approx 2 blocks.

I use Stub Hub all the time. Its great for the small time fan, even with the ridiculous fees.

You should make your feelings known to the Yankees. I just hope the Mets don't go the same direction, as I come in every summer, then use Stub Hub to get txxx at Citi.
I suspect that the Mets, and most other teams will soon follow the Yankees' example. When one owner finds a new way to make money the rest usually aren't far behind, fans be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me
The younger Steinbrenner's got George's business side, but not his love for the game or the team, it seems.

I don't know them personally, but their actions seem as though they care about the all-mighty buck more than they do being a dominate team year in and year out.
I don't think that's fair, considering that the Yankees have won 3 division titles and a World Series in Hal's 4 years at the helm. And I also think that you're somewhat romanticizing The Boss, who never hesitated to squeeze fans for every penny.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote