View Single Post
02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Veteran journeyman
vCash: 500
Why is everyone so ga ga over O'Reilly? I mean, I get it, he'd be an asset, but I'm not sure I'd trade Grabner for him even if he wasn't holding out for crazy money and even if he hadn't threatened to bolt to another league (I'll clarify...not "bolting" to another league, but attempting to leverage another league for a contract). Factor all that in, and it's a no-brainer for me. No thanks. I understand it's not all about goals, but in Grabner's "off" year last season he had more goals than ROR had in the season that makes him think he's worth $5m/year.

I think we highly undervalue what a huge asset Grabner's speed is too, and we definitely don't appreciate how good he is at picking off passes and throwing other teams off-balance. He brings a rare skill-set, and he still has plenty of room to improve. If anything, the Isles should plan around his speed more than just on the PK, rather than banishing him to a line with Aucoin and Boulton. Frankly, I'd move Moulson before Grabner.

Last edited by Veteran journeyman: 02-15-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: clarification