View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
jbean

vCash: 500
I got heavily criticized in another thread for suggesting that Tambo has failed to make a single impact move. People didn't disagree that Tambo's moves haven't had much of an effect on the overall success of the team, but rather called me foolish for thinking Tambo might've had better options. My point isn't that Tambo should've tried going after another Heatley or Hossa, but rather that Tambo has simply failed in every way at trying to improve the team.

Our holes are obvious. Everyone knows what this team lacks. Size, defense, centres that can win faceoffs. Tambo has shown no creativity whatsoever at trying to address these issues. He's signed and traded for lower end solutions. Is it any surprise that Belanger, Eager, Fistric, Potter, and Nick Schultz haven't been able to turn this team around? They are great supplemental players but many of them came here because everywhere else in the NHL they would have a much smaller role or be on the farm team. He also hasn't even intended to tank every year. Every single season there is the hope that this team can finally make a playoff push. And after a month or two we are already thinking about tanking. There comes a point when you hold the GM accountable for being the worst team in the NHL over the last 5 years.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote