View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 05:38 PM
jbean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
We need Burke!

The guy can actually make big moves... I'm just scared on who he would move haha
He might not be my first choice, but I think he could do wonders for this team. Phaneuf, JVR, and Lupul were nice additions and he acquired them for Schenn and scrap parts. He might not be the best GM for a rebuild (Tambo is a magnificent GM if you want a tank job) but I think he can do a good job turning a team into a contender.

Tambo has no guts and is going to sit on everything we have waiting for everything to come together. I highly doubt he will acquire a significant top 4 dman in his tenure and I imagine his plan is just to wait for the kids like Klefbom and Marincin to pan out which will take another 2,3,4 years.

I would like to see the Oilers distance themselves from the old boys culture and get some creativity. Think of the Alex Anthopolous of the NHL. I know it's a different sport, but he is everything that the Oilers aren't. For example, AA is known for: maintaining great PR, having great relationships with players (no Souray bs), great league wide reputation and the respect of other GMs, top of the line work ethic and a willingness to exhaust every single possibility for improvement, willingness to sell high on prospects for elite talent, understanding the value of advanced statistics while also being an experienced scout himself, "games" the system for every advantage, and I could go on. He addresses issues and took a miserably mediocre team to world series contenders in a tenure that has been shorter than Tambo's.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote