View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Charbacca08

vCash: 500
I grew up in the Western Mass area and attended many Falcons games. My buddies and I would always take in a few games during winter break in college. That's when the knife in the back came. The Falcons used to have "student pricing" for every game. Show your ID, and get a ticket for 10-15 dollars. Not a bad deal for "broke college kids". However, they did away with it and put "student pricing" on select nights. The nights were typically during the semester when we were all away at school.

I understand there are plenty of colleges in the area, SC, AIC, WNEC, WSC, Baypath...the list goes on. They lost that revenue boost during that month and half period when college kids WERE HOME. Instead they marketed themselves to the kids who went to school out there and have no idea Springfield even has a team.

Not to mention they target most of their "giveaways" and "promotions" to season ticket holders. You can disagree with me on this, but this has just been my experience. I think they need to do more in order to get fans new and old back into the Civic Center. For example, two or three years ago their home opener was a retro jersey night. Instead of watching the Springfield Falcons and Providence Bruins.....it was the Indians vs the Reds. I remember actually having to sit in the seat that was on my ticket because the stadium was near capacity. It's stuff like this that blows my mind. I think their market needs to be reworked and rehashed.

That's just me.

Charbacca08 is offline   Reply With Quote