Old
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If Desharnais played with last year's Eller? NO. Unless a player would have replaced Eller.

EDIT : DD isn't that great anyways. I just think Eller is overrated (by this board) and that DD is kindof the victim of that situation, because, well, y'know, the hipster factor.
I said remove DD's wingers from last year.
Give him let's say Moen and Bourque/Kostitsyn/Paljsu/Anyone else (think last years performance).

Does DD get 60pts?
No.

That right there tells you, that he has quality line mates, while Eller gets shafted. There is no arguing the point. It is a FACT that Eller has yet to play with the top talent on this team for more then a shift or 2.

No one is saying Eller is a godsend, then next Gretzky. We are trying to explain that he has the raw skills needed to be a top 6 center, but he doesn't get anything.

Let me ask this again.

What has DD done to deserve the ice-time he's been getting? He's a -6, 5 pts, can't win a faceoff, can win a puck battle (60% of the time), is atrocious in his own end.
Please explain this to me.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.