View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 07:55 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
In one of the set leagues I play with there are indeed a couple of teams that have been together FOREVER. I always wonder how a team that has been playing together for 9 years can still be considered D-league. If they've been together for that long, they all have 9+ years of experience playing and should be C at minimum. Some of the teams in that league started the season with very much beginners - one team wasn't quite sure how to line up for the face-off at their first game, and the refs had to give them a quick lesson! Put those guys up against a sandbagging team with good players and it becomes not much fun really quickly. The team I'm on has a mix of guys who have only been playing hockey since last summer and some who played growing up, so we are actually doing really well for a new team.
It can happen when the teams been playing so long together that they've all gotten old together .

That's more or less what's going on with the second team I'm playing on at the moment, which I just joined this winter season. I think the team's been around for about 10 years but you lose a key guy here or there and your long time core players start hitting 40+ then the teams going to fall off a cliff.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote