View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 08:04 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Let's not carried away chief! I see what I see and as it relates to trading for an elite talent like Nash, there is no ****** way a Stepan, Del Zotto or a Kreider will ever be confused with the term "untouchables"
Perhaps you should start watching the games without the rose colored glasses on like so many other posters here. Del Zotto, especially when paired with Staal are a trainwreck when it comes to getting the lousy puck out of the zone.
Staal? I suppose you just loved his dying quail of a clearing pass last nite that got intercepted by the wonderful 4th line for the Islanders and subsequently turned into a goal that jump started their comeback!

Look, of course we can't afford to lose Stepan right now because the center position on the team is so weak.
As it relates to Del Zotto, I like him and believe he has strong potential, but I think he'll be hampered by his lack of hockey smarts.
Your problem is you bring up a couple of examples of poor play and run with them. There are at least 20 teams that would love to have either Staal or Del Zotto. Also, you didn't answer my question, do you want Stu Bickel as the #5 defenseman. Maybe we should have brought up Jeff Woywitka and had ourselves a real cup winning bottom pairing. The 2 worst D-men in the league probably (although you seem to think that's Staal and Del Zotto).