View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Confucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
That is possible. I am sure with time people would embrace and be passionate about a new team.

But to speak to your first point, nobody in the GTA is naive enough to think a second Toronto team would mean more accessible, and definitely not any more affordable tickets. It may be more accessible through the simple fact that an arena full of season tickets will be available for a whole new group of people, but after that initial rush, I think most people just assume a GTA2 team would become another Maple Leafs type financial giant/bully pretty damn quickly.

I dont think there is a similar comparable in sports because there is no other city on earth that is such a financial monster, and so crazy about a professional league, but still only has one team. No pro sports market has ever been in a situation where demand so wildly outpaces supply.
Maybe third time will be the charm. Anytime i see the bolded part I ask, how many teams in the GTA would it take to see attendance and ticket prices at league average? Nobody that makes the claim, there will not be cheaper seats, ever replies