View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:17 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The way Kreider and Miller are being thrown to the wolves right now is bringing back some bad memories.

They have to work through it no doubt. I get that the NYR in win-now in a short season, but I can't see how this helps their confidence or "learning".
I don't think this describes it at all. They've been given a chance just as McD, MDZ, STaal, Cally all were given chances and when they weren't ready EVERY SINGLE one of these guys was sent back down for more seasoning (Staal to CHL). I'd venture a guess to say the only reason we view this differently is because we have unfair expectations of not only Krieder but of the staff to play him now.

That said I didn't see Kreider screwing up defensively I also didn't see him maiing many plays. His mind may need to catch up. Best way is to get big minutes which is why we have an AHL squad. No shame in having him go down. Sauer took YEARS to be ready and I already mentioned all of the above. Thats the nature of the beast (The beast being prospect development). He's not going to purgatory and he's on a two way let him play more minutes and he's available just a phone call away