View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Toughness becomes a lot more important when you don't have the skill to consistently hurt the opposition.
This is something I can agree with.

With Karlsson, Spezza etc. out, we are not a skilled team. Far from it. We can no longer win games by out possessing teams and goat them into playing a loose style where our guys can take over and let Andy cover their backs.

With skill in the lineup, other teams are more cautious to take penalties. Without it, they can run around as they please without anyone to answer to. I think the world of Chris Neil but he can't do that alone. Hopefully with the addtion of these guys we can deter the rest of the league from running our young players like Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Da Costa etc.

We can also change up our tactics. I expect to see a lot more dump and chase. We have a lot of guys who I'd describe as tenacious forecheckers on the roster, so this should be the new focus rather than puck possession and the stretch pass. Gotta chip it passed the D and get to work. I still expect a few guys to strike in transition but those chances are going to be far fewer without our gazelle on the backend. Our one strength now is goaltending, so anybody who goes near Andy or Bishop must answer the bell.

I want to see more hits, more fights and everybody sticking up for each other. I don't think its Maclean's style but he's smart and knows what's up. He knows he can't get by playing the same hockey we have been for the past year +.