View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
AntonCH

vCash: 500
imho

What we have here is a failure to understand the situation at hand.

First we take a look at the undeniable truths
Plekanec is a true, honest to goodness #2 center that can also be very effective in a shut down role as well as a pk role.
Galchenyuk is emerging as a top center and could possibly get there as early as next year or the year after.
Desharnais is an RFA at the end of the season.
Eller is starting to demonstrate that he's strong on the puck and that he can start playing harder minutes
Bergevin now has a hard upcoming decision to make, and he better be making an on-ice hockey decision rather than a fanboy or language decision.
IF and I stress if Galchenyuk emerges as the center we hope he's going to be, and Plekanec keeps playing the role that he has.
Who do you pick between Eller and Desharnais as your #3?

I think at this point the answer is easy, there's now way that you're asking Galchenyuk to play as your #3 AND there's no way you're asking Desharnais too play as your #3 either.

Eller I believe would make a great #3 that can step up and fill in as your #2 in a pinch - the choice is easy. And NO I will not drop Plekanec in order to keep Desharnais, they are not the same player nor can they play the same minutes.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote